Friday, March 26, 2010

Coffee Freshness the key

As a consumer that has now spent only the last 3 years enjoying fresh roasted coffee, I forget that I too was one of those who drank coffee not know how fresh the roast was. In the last week I am amazed how even the most innocent novice can pick up that coffee that is over 2 weeks old is stale. And most of them are in shock when I then have to inform them that, that is what they are drinking when the go to you typical coffee outlet, whether purchasing whole bean, or from a coffee shop a cup-a-joe.


 

I was also informed this week that the number of coffee roasts that publish their roasting date on their coffee is so minimalistic it is almost not a percent. How can you claim to do quality or specialty coffee and not state your roasting date, come on, get real.


 

So if you love coffee make sure you only purchase coffee with a roasting date on the packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment